- Italian luxury carmaker Automobili Pininfarina continues to expand its retailer network in North America, with Salt Lake City Motorcars appointed in Salt Lake City, Utah
- The record-breaking pure-electric Battista hyper GT can now be purchased from one of 11 world-class retailers at locations across North America
- The first Battista cars for customers have already left the Atelier where they are handcrafted in Cambiano, Italy, with deliveries in North America commencing in 2022
- Continued expansion follows a successful period, with the Battista – a Villa d’Este Design Award winner – achieving record-breaking performance figures in 2022
(SALT LAKE CITY/CAMBIANO, 08 FEBRUARY 2023) Italian luxury carmaker Automobili Pininfarina has appointed Salt Lake City Motorcars as its newest retail partner in North America, as it continues to expand its global network.
As deliveries of the pure-electric Battista hyper GT continue, Automobili Pininfarina Salt Lake City will provide a valuable sales presence in Utah, led by Dealer Principal Tom Buckley. He and his team will provide a highly personalised client experience to prospective and current owners. The appointment means Automobili Pininfarina clients can now be cared for by one of 11 retailers across the United States and Canada.
The first USA client received their Battista last year – an exquisite example with a bespoke finish for a collector on the West Coast. Its arrival was followed by one of just five of the ultra-exclusive Battista Anniversario. All five of the unique editions were sold out following its debut presentation during Monterey Car Week in California in 2021.
Gösta Henning, Chief Sales Officer, Automobili Pininfarina, said: “Salt Lake City is fast becoming a vital location for technological innovation and investment – a perfect fit for Automobili Pininfarina and the Battista hyper GT. This masterpiece of Italian design is the very pinnacle of performance and luxury, with its sophisticated electric powertrain and unprecedented power. We have made a fantastic start in North America with Battista and we look forward to building momentum in an extremely important region through our collaboration with Automobili Pininfarina Salt Lake City.”
Tom Buckley, Dealer Principal, Automobili Pininfarina Salt Lake City, said: “We are excited to be appointed as the retail partner for Automobili Pininfarina in this part of the U.S. The region is embracing rapid technological innovation and the arrival of Automobili Pininfarina Salt Lake City comes at an exciting time for Utah.”
The addition of Automobili Pininfarina Salt Lake City to the list of global retail partners follows the carmaker’s introduction to the Middle East in 2022, where the Battista made a dramatic dynamic debut at the Dubai Autodrome in the United Arab Emirates – demonstrating its record-breaking official acceleration and braking figures for the first time:
- 0-60mph in 1.79s – A world record for a production car
- 0-100km/h in 1.86s – A world record for a production car
- 0-120mph in 4.49s – A world record for a production car
- 0-200km/h in 4.75s – A world record for a production car
- 100-0km/h in 31 metres – A world record for an electric car
- Range of 300 miles (combined EPA) – A world record for an electric hypercar
Each pure-electric Battista hyper GT – the most powerful Italian car ever made – is crafted over more than 1,250 hours per piece in Cambiano, northern Italy. Producing 1,900 PS and 2,340 Nm of torque, no more than 150 examples of the Battista will be commissioned and handcrafted for customers worldwide. With a total of 128 million interior combinations alone, the new hyper GT promises new levels of bespoke tailoring, and Automobili Pininfarina Salt Lake City will assist clients as they personalise the Battista to suit their individual taste.
Battista clients are not only supported by Automobili Pininfarina’s growing global retailer network, but also by the pure-electric hyper GT’s advanced connected infotainment systems, which includes Over-The-Air software updates anywhere in the world. In addition, Automobili Pininfarina’s very own ‘flying doctor’ is on-hand worldwide to provide in-person technical support and knowledge – should it be required – delivering the personal service and effortless luxury, clients expect.
Dealer Principal Tom Buckley, of Automobili Pininfarina Salt Lake City, can be contacted via email@example.com